• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Item Relisted! Item Gone: FT Mauser 98 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also the Germans were fanatics about serializing parts on their weapons. You should examine the receiver, magazine floor plate, stock, butt plate, bolt bayonet lug and other parts to see if they all have matching serial numbers. This and of it has no import marking would be a good indicators that or may be a GI bring back and not a later sale of a gun put together with surplus parts.
Thanks for the info. Everything number I can see matches up. I did not want to take anything apart. The story is a family member brought it back for my father in law in 1946 or 1947 as a 17th or 18th birthday present. Getting the facts exactly right is somewhat challenging for a a 93 year old man.

If you have any family members in the generation coming after you you shouldn’t sell this rifle. It is part of your families history.
Getting the daughter married off in 3 weeks and had not really thought about selling it, but was just looking for info. Based on the answers I am getting here. I am even more confused about wanting to sell or not. Only daughters cost a lot of money for weddings and the cash would help but... I defiantly here what you are saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom