• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

It's baby time!

Update for everyone:

Words can't even begin to describe how much I appreciate all the love and support, and prayers from this community. Thank you so much for those who have reached out, and have wanted to donate wipes and diapers and food for when we get home. I'm gonna be one super busy guy, with a newborn and taking care of my f.i.l but I wouldn't want it any other way, or anyone else doing it.
Hunter Devin Thomas Price was born on March 12th at 1:07 am. He ended up being 6lbs 10oz, 20" long, and a head full of hair lol.
We had a little bit of a rough start, fluid in the lungs, and grunting, working hard to breath and wasn't catching color. He had to go to the nic u for a few hours, and they kept a close eye on him, put him under a heated bed, and sucked out as much fluid as possible. After about 24 hours of being here, and having been to the nic-u, they brought him back to us last night and his is doing great now! No more grunting noises, not working hard to breath, and has great color.
He has been eating great, and nursing on momma. while that is on to a slow start, momma is determined! We have been pumping, and he has been feeding off of that perfectly.
Such a good baby, doesn't cry or fuse much at all, and is a great sleeper. Obviously I know this will most likely change, it's only day 2, it's still nice 😂
Momma is doing great now, while we had a scare with the c section, and she could still move her toes and feet and felt A LOT, so they just kept putting her to sleep every time she started to wake up, which made her get sick.
The nurse we had after the surgery was horrible, and we had such a horrible experience right from the rip till she left her shift. Ever since her though everyone has been wonderful, and everything is going smoothly.
We will be here for 3-4 days because he decided to come 3 weeks early, and that's just hospital policy I guess, along with the rough start for the first 24 hours.
I'm having to do lots of running back and forth from home to the hospital for our dogs, and my f.i.l, so thank God we are only 15 mins from the house.
Again I appreciate everyones kind words and prayers, as well as my fiance and we thank y'all much. Now just gotta ride it out, and make it home as soon as we can, I know we are both ready already to be home with our new son, and in our own comfy place.
I have never loved something/someone so much as I do this little boy ☺️

Attachments

• IMG_20240313_154859259.jpg
    IMG_20240313_154859259.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 8
Glad to hear it all worked out. Shocked that Kirby wasn't someone where in the name mix seeing that you are in the Athens area. New-born kids are great for a short while; however, you won't sleep well for some time attending to his and momma's every need. It gets better, just hang in there.

Back
Top Bottom