It's my heritage... (pear salad)

Blue Plate: Soybean Oil, Distilled Vinegar, Egg Yolks, Water, Sugar, Salt, Calcium Disodium EDTA As A Preservative, And Natural Flavors.

Miracle Whip: water, soybean oil, high-fructose corn syrup, vinegar, modified corn starch, eggs, salt, natural flavor, mustard flour, potassium sorbate, spice, and dried garlic.

same stuff diff day.

there is NO difference. thats like saying 1000 island dressing isnt russian dressing...but they are both ketchup and mayo. gag a F@#$@# maggot.

Blue Plate: Soybean Oil, Distilled Vinegar, Egg Yolks, Water, Sugar, Salt, Calcium Disodium EDTA As A Preservative, And Natural Flavors.

Miracle Whip: water, soybean oil, high-fructose corn syrup, vinegar, modified corn starch, eggs, salt, natural flavor, mustard flour, potassium sorbate, spice, and dried garlic.

same stuff diff day.

You mayo junkies....disgusting, you use it for lube too right? Gods gift? DIAF.

Can you point on this doll where the mayo hurt you?? I appreciate your passion for hating mayonnaise, but at this point I am going to concede the fight. Any man that thinks that Miracle Whip and Blue Plate are the same thing can not be reasoned with. :boink:

Pear salad was my favorite aunt's specialty (lol, family joke), and would bring it to every family gathering when I was growing up. Everytime I see it I think of her.
She's a great woman, always giving & in the hospital fighting cancer AGAIN. Prayers for the greatest pear salad chef ever would be appreciated.

And it was Sir, it certainly was, I try to make it about twice a year, she was a great cook...

She worked at RICH's, downtown in the bakery, making pies, cakes, and fried pies.

She made the Coconut cakes, they tried them one Christmas, and sold out in less than hour, she cut one cake up and put samples out and the customers went wild about them. That was 1 week before Christmas, so the manager wanted her to make 300 cakes, she ok, so she did and the customers ordered another 300 cakes.

She was a get it done type of person.

My grandfather, went to RICH's bakery manager and told them he married her because he loved her and loved her cooking, and the bakery was ruining his married life she had not cooked for him in three weeks, and he wanted her to quit and come home to cook for him only.

The bakery struck a deal with him, that she would get 4 additional helpers to fill the orders for the
COCONUT CAKES, SWEET POTATO COBBLER, GERMAN CHOCOLATE CAKES, ALONG FOR A FEW OTHERS of her tongue delights, oh the RED VELVET CAKE WAS ALSO A KILLER CAKE SHE MADE TOO!!!

Sure do miss her she taught me to cook, she went home for good in 1992... Man we really miss her she
only weighed 105 pounds but was a great lady, a jokester, and my mischief buddy too...

Thanks, grandmother for all you mean to me and the time you spent with me, the killer food and jokes..

Talk about Southern.

Maybe twice a year, my mother, and just about any "lady" in the Atlanta area, would put on their Sunday finest and would have lunch in the Rich's Tea Room. The featured dish was the chicken salad.

It was a cultural phenomena where every "lady" in the city could show that she had as good manners and "upbringing" as the cultural elite who were the target of downtown Rich's. I went with my mother a couple of times when we were shopping for my "good clothes" and I had to put on a shirt, tie and sports coat to go with her to eat a frickin chicken salad sandwich.

There wasn't a formal dress code, it's just what "respectable" people did.

Now I go to place where we drop a C note a person, and most of the people there look like it was a chore just to cover up the gross parts.

BTW, for all of you sucking down that tasteless Hellman's, just be aware that it was created in a N.Y. Delicatessen, while the righteous Duke's is a product of Greenville, S.C.

I guess you like that Hellman's on your chopped liver sandwich.

Back
Top Bottom