• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Its still locking up

Just got 'dis.

1703722351453.png

Okuma Okuma ....
This site is locking up random like. Every day at least 20 times. Doesn't matter which part you are in. It locks up for 10 to 15 seconds then goes back to normal.
Well for the last couple of hours it’s getting very slow again and locking up for a bit before it displays what you are trying to look at. Friday 7:05pn 2024

We're looking into it now, but I suspect it has to do with increased traffic levels, and I'm not sure what's causing them yet. (Could be natural/organic but I doubt it) Either way we'll get it worked out but it may take a little time.

Usually we peak out at maybe 1,500 users online, the last couple of days we've been running closer to 2500+

Screenshot 2024-01-06 at 11.39.51 AM.png

Here's my working theory for the traffic increase: It ain't a sudden interest in guns or the firearm enthusiast community in Georgia.

Used to be, search engines were the annoying factor in anonymous web site visits. But it was a dance with the devil: The site has to be cataloged by the search engines if it's going to be visible and attract new traffic.

But there are new actors on the scene: AI engines. These things want to suck up all human knowledge into their "large language models." Everybody and their brother wants to be the next ChatGPT, so systems are popping up all over the world, doing what used to be the province of search engines: Vacuuming up every web page, and constantly re-scanning every web site for new pages.

It's the next frontier of the information age.

Here's my working theory for the traffic increase: It ain't a sudden interest in guns or the firearm enthusiast community in Georgia.

Used to be, search engines were the annoying factor in anonymous web site visits. But it was a dance with the devil: The site has to be cataloged by the search engines if it's going to be visible and attract new traffic.

But there are new actors on the scene: AI engines. These things want to suck up all human knowledge into their "large language models." Everybody and their brother wants to be the next ChatGPT, so systems are popping up all over the world, doing what used to be the province of search engines: Vacuuming up every web page, and constantly re-scanning every web site for new pages.

It's the next frontier of the information age.

Maybe someone asked their Benz about ODT?

Back
Top Bottom