• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

J Frame Trigger Action

Fish Fry

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
“It’s Good To Be The King.” – Rabbi Tuckman
177   0
Reaction score
I have a flat latch J Frame from 1962 that has the worst trigger that I've witnessed in a revolver.

I've done all the non-gun smithing actions (cleaning, lubricants, fry firing)

Looking for a gunsmith in the Cumming area to take a look and maybe give it a trigger work over.

Recommendations please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a flat latch J Frame from 1962 that has the worst trigger that I've witnessed in a revolver.

I've done all the non-gun smithing actions (cleaning, lubricants, fry firing)

Looking for a gunsmith in the Cumming area to take a look and maybe give it a trigger work over.

Recommendations please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GIVE IT TO ME ,PROBLEM SOLVED.LOL

Those older ones normally have good triggers.

Try Bob Smith in Palmetto—it is worth the drive time. Call him first. One the the best at fast, fair and friendly—just don’t irritate him with leberal ideas.

S&W has a revolver trigger tuning service for $165, but I'm not sure that they'll install lighter springs.
You could probably do that yourself, though, with replacements from Wolf.
Let the S&W Performance Center do the polishing and stoning of the metal.
If you let the factory do it, it should not hurt the gun's resale value much.
Although these guns aren't really collector's items YET. I think they will be in 20 more years, though.
Factory work, when documented, is less damaging to the value than even excellent gunsmithing done by a local shop.

Although it may be a detractor to a small segment of the market, I am not sure a good trigger job ever hurt a gun’s value on the overall gun market. If “good” implies that it is done correctly, not too light, not sloppy on the rebound, acceptable creep in SA mode, ect, ect.

If done correctly, it is almost impossible to tell if it came with good trigger, or has smoothed out from use, or if it has been smoothed out by a pro.

Back
Top Bottom