• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Jeezzz its not even safe to change your own oil this year

When I was a kid I got hit by a in ground nest of those rascal's in my clothes under pants the whole nine yards the got me everywhere it was a one way trip to the hospital.I was dropping a gas tank of a ford ranger for a friend the truck been sitting I opened the gas tank door wasp come out I ran like a girl it hurts I even hate sweet bee's

They do seem to be out a lot more this year. Been out camping the past two weekends and they have lit me up both times.

I've got one of those electric tennis racket-looking fly swatters.

I had one get in my shed yesterday. This sob was HUGE! His back end (where the stinger is attached, whatever that's called) was as big as a dime in circumference. Trapped him on one of my fluorescent lights and hit him with the shocker. He got stuck on there so I kept juicing him, to the point he started smoking and his legs burnt off. I'd give him a break then gas him again just to watch him quench up. After doing this a couple of times, I carried him outside to dump him on the ground so the ants would have something to feast on. I turned to walk away when I heard a faint buzzing. Turned around just in time to see him catch air and fly away. Tough little sucker. Damnedest thing I've ever seen.

Hee hee, we used to throw rocks at the wasp nests as kids until there was nothing left. Each time you hit the nest you'd have to run around the house and sometimes they'd nail you. My dad brought home some of his industrial wasp spray from work (he was a tech for Bellsouth) and man, that spray was good for about 20 feet and they'd immediately drop out of the nest! It just didn't seem very sporting to me so I just continued with the rocks :)

Brake cleaner will kill them dead. I have sprayed them in the air and watched them fall and die nearly instantly. Works great for all wasps, spiders and roaches!

I always have a can at the house.

Been lucky this year. Emptied a gallon and a half of wasp killer into the nests in front of my house last year and it must've worked.

I dodged a bullet yesterday I went to change my oil grabbed the pan went to grab an old blanket I lay on when I get under my truck was carrying it out and saw something fly out of it thought it was a fly or something dropped it on the ground went to unfold it, undone the first fold and saw a ball of yellow shooting out of it. Needless to say I ran like a bat out of hell! I only got stung once ran all the way to the house about (a hundred yards away) got there and had three crawling on my clothes but i got em beat off before they got me. I have never seen them this bad in my life damn yellow jackets are everywhere this year real estate is so hard to come by they are building in old blankets.

That's horrible.

Where did you get that Avitar?

Back
Top Bottom