• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Joro Spiders

Joros took over the woods and lake area behind my house in Gwinnett last year, they were all over the place. In our garden, pool areas, bushes, etc. We used to have the cool garden spiders before them, but the joros pretty much took over and we didn't see anymore. The joros grow really large too.
It sucked trying to drive our buggies or atvs in the trails to the lake because of their webs. The webs are really strong and messy looking. No patterns.
But that was last year and I no longer live there, moved to Europe now. Haven't seen any joros over here so far.

I don't understand the hate for Joro's or spiders in general. The more there are then the less flying insects there will be.
I feel the same about snakes keeping mice and rats in check…I see snakes but never any rodents so snakes are welcome here. If I ever see an appreciable decline in the number number of flies, gnats and mosquitoes then I’ll gladly sing the praises of these spiders…until then, they’re just another nuisance.

I don't understand the hate for Joro's or spiders in general. The more there are then the less flying insects there will be.
The hate for me is that there are thousands of them at my house and the build their webs at face level, can't walk around the yard without a face full of web.

Back
Top Bottom