• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Joro

Hollywood has been trying but failing.

Hate joros, the hi viz webbing is stronger than any native spider, and Idc how much of a hardass you are, you still snap to when a neon yellow spider half the size of your hand lands on your face while bushhogging.
Truth, my friends property in Elbert county is covered in them. I've walked in to a few of their webs before daylight going hunting. I shed everything and dance around till I feel safe. Their webs are twice as strong as a normal web too. :lol:

My place is covered up with them, and it's about time to load up the BUG-A-SALT rifle and murder a few hundred of them.

They have adjusted to life around here, they now build their webs higher off the ground so people and vehicles don't run into them as often. There webs are super strong, I ran into one while pushing the mower yesterday, it caught me across my forehead and knocked me off my feet.

Joro1.jpg
Joro2.jpg

My place is covered up with them, and it's about time to load up the BUG-A-SALT rifle and murder a few hundred of them.

They have adjusted to life around here, they now build their webs higher off the ground so people and vehicles don't run into them as often. There webs are super strong, I ran into one while pushing the mower yesterday, it caught me across my forehead and knocked me off my feet.
I've noticed that this year as well. On my well traveled paths, they are setting up further up. I leave them be, they seem to collect a ton of other bugs and look cool as hell.

I would have to burn down all the trees in my yard to even get started. They are everywhere. I was cutting some brush today and saw one about the size of a tarantula.

At least I don't have to worry about anyone walking around the outside of my fence, lol.

Back
Top Bottom