• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

JP Sauer & Sohn Model 1913

moe mensale

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
18   0
Reaction score
A JP Sauer & Sohn Model 1913 in 7.65mm (.32 cal) built between 1924 and 1928 based on the serial number. My dad brought this back from Germany in 1945 with capture papers. It had no firing pin and the slide hold-open was worn out. The "sights" are attrocious. This is truly a "stick it in the gut and shoot" pistol. I found a guy who repaired these old German guns and he found me a replacement firing pin. The slide hold-open still doesn't work as the only way to fix that is to replace the slide but I'd rather keep the gun as original as possible. Yes, I've shot it a few times for ****s & giggles.

[Broken External Image]:
[Broken External Image]:

I collect that era .32 ACP pistols - or 7.65 Browning, if one lives on the other side of the Atlantic... I don't carry them for defense or shoot them a lot, but I do test them out.

I must agree with Moe here: The sights are horrible. Not only are they in odd shapes, they are tiny. The men and women who shot them ate a lot of carrots. Not to mention the trigger pulls are normally some combination of long, creepy and heavy.

However, I find they shoot much better than one expects. I can usually get all my shots (usually strings of five) on the eight ring of a NRA B27 target. Sometimes the magic is right and I can put five close enough together to be minute of schnoz. So do NOT sell it short on accuracy. One must learn the trigger and how to 'guess' the sights.

It is not very powerful, but remember, the Europeans fought two world wars with sidearms in .32 ACP. It will do as needed.

Back
Top Bottom