• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just a General Observation...

I apologize that you can’t keep up with my dizzying intellect. I can’t think of any smaller words or more elementary examples other than retail coke. A few cents to make, including ingredients and can / bottle. Add in labor, transportation, advertising, manufacturer’s profit, retail mark up etc. and you still don’t get $2/bottle. I’m a confirmed capitalist and ok with profit, but you’ve missed my point entirely. Is there some unknown shortage of coke supply?

Again, sorry you can’t keep up, I used to confuse the slower graduate students when I was a prof.

Sarcasm and tongue-in-cheek intended. Carry on.

I’ll bow out for now. Thanks.

I apologize that you can’t keep up with my dizzying intellect. I can’t think of any smaller words or more elementary examples other than retail coke. A few cents to make, including ingredients and can / bottle. Add in labor, transportation, advertising, manufacturer’s profit, retail mark up etc. and you still don’t get $2/bottle. I’m a confirmed capitalist and ok with profit, but you’ve missed my point entirely. Is there some unknown shortage of coke supply?

Again, sorry you can’t keep up, I used to confuse the slower graduate students when I was a prof.

Lol

Totes. I’m just having fun.

The gun market is quickly headed in the direction of Bourbon, and with some shops it is already there. I think what will become the norm rather than the exception is when a new model in demand comes out, the gun store will actually mark it up to the secondary price...just like bourbon... Now all gun dealers will be evil greedy profiteers...or so threads will read.

I would much rather pay a gun dealer almost triple the MSRP of lets say a brand new lever gun than some shill that just bought it yesterday for MSRP. If nothing else, it would allow the little guy that gets a smaller allocation to compete with the big guys.

I kinda wish gun dealers would go ahead and start doing that now... I know some do already.

The gun market is quickly headed in the direction of Bourbon, and with some shops it is already there. I think what will become the norm rather than the exception is when a new model in demand comes out, the gun store will actually mark it up to the secondary price...just like bourbon... Now all gun dealers will be evil greedy profiteers...or so threads will read.

I would much rather pay a gun dealer almost triple the MSRP of lets say a brand new lever gun than some shill that just bought it yesterday for MSRP. If nothing else, it would allow the little guy that gets a smaller allocation to compete with the big guys.

I kinda wish gun dealers would go ahead and start doing that now... I know some do already.
Simplest solution…
don’t buy it (the gun, not the bourbon)
But there’s a reason Hi-Point and Jim Beam exist

Simplest solution…
don’t buy it (the gun, not the bourbon)
But there’s a reason Hi-Point and Jim Beam exist
Oh I would buy them both at or near retail, I have enough allocated bourbon that I bought at retail 10 years ago to last me until I can't drink bourbon any longer. In hindsight I wish I would have done the same with a few guns. I've got no problem paying what ever price for them if it is something I want and it looks like the market for it won't cool any time soon.

I would be a little more inclined to pay more than MSRP for bourbon than guns, especially new production guns (old guns out of production are a totally different story). I think the return is a little better at least that has been my experience.

I think a lot of this will subside once the gun manufactures can get caught up and start putting out their new releases like they used to instead of the latest trickling out trend. That has been a challenge for every market the past few years, not being able to produce enough on the front end to seed the market correctly at product launch.

The bourbon market is getting saturated with so much Jim Beam quality in a fancy bottle these days there is no telling where its gonna go...I swear there are so many "bourbon enthusiasts" that wouldn't know a good bourbon if it hit em on the head.

And I would not put Hi-point and Jim Beam in the same comparison...that is such a dis service to Hi-point.

Oh I would buy them both at or near retail, I have enough allocated bourbon that I bought at retail 10 years ago to last me until I can't drink bourbon any longer. In hindsight I wish I would have done the same with a few guns. I've got no problem paying what ever price for them if it is something I want and it looks like the market for it won't cool any time soon.

I would be a little more inclined to pay more than MSRP for bourbon than guns, especially new production guns (old guns out of production are a totally different story). I think the return is a little better at least that has been my experience.

I think a lot of this will subside once the gun manufactures can get caught up and start putting out their new releases like they used to instead of the latest trickling out trend. That has been a challenge for every market the past few years, not being able to produce enough on the front end to seed the market correctly at product launch.

The bourbon market is getting saturated with so much Jim Beam quality in a fancy bottle these days there is no telling where its gonna go...I swear there are so many "bourbon enthusiasts" that wouldn't know a good bourbon if it hit em on the head.

And I would not put Hi-point and Jim Beam in the same comparison...that is such a dis service to Hi-point.
As Hi Point is the Cadillac of Saturday Night Specials so too is Jim Beam the Blanton's of budget bourbons.

As Hi Point is the Cadillac of Saturday Night Specials so too is Jim Beam the Blanton's of budget bourbons.
The award in that analogy should go to Ancient Age.......Ancient Age is literally Blanton's recipe a little younger and in a different rack. If you have never come across this before:

1651678683152.png

Back
Top Bottom