• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just a little FYI for all the Cerakoters, Engravers, and Basement Gunsmiths

FFL requirement is what kept me from getting into gunsmithing as a hobby. Hard enough trying to find cheap guns to work on these days that I gave up pursuing it as hard as I wanted to.

Still tinker with what I have, but the equipment isn't getting any cheaper these days for me to get serious about it.

your right I can't believe anyone would not claim the extra 20 dollars they made from selling a gun to the IRS. Govern me harder daddy

Your comment is not relevant to the thread. Selling your gun's is not the issue, you can do that. Face to face private transactions in Georgia are not taxed, yet. The law clearly states that in order to work on gun's other than your own a license is needed. Makes no difference if you weld a muzzle brake or install a trigger kit for a friend. The law, any gun law, is an infringement of our second amendment rights and needs to go away.

Your comment is not relevant to the thread. Selling your gun's is not the issue, you can do that. Face to face private transactions in Georgia are not taxed, yet. The law clearly states that in order to work on gun's other than your own a license is needed. Makes no difference if you weld a muzzle brake or install a trigger kit for a friend. The law, any gun law, is an infringement of our second amendment rights and needs to go away.
I was under the assumption that it would be needed if there was a transaction in goods or currency.

If a friend were to show how it's done, then it would be educational and not for profit.

comment is relevant to an over encroaching government I.E. permits maybe next year you can turn in your guns when they ask you

Your original comment was about taxing private sales an "over enroaching government." Try to be adult when the adults are discussing. Have a good day. :yo:

yes, as an example of government overreach, asking people to pay for a ffl01 to color guns is an over reach of the government. so maybe get reading glasses to help but that would be putting lipstick on a pig

yes, as an example of government overreach, asking people to pay for a ffl01 to color guns is an over reach of the government. so maybe get reading glasses to help but that would be putting lipstick on a pig
You know they don't charge for a transfer fee on gunsmithing, they only do the fee's for transfer's.....and that was really just a recent thing over the last year or so due to the influx of people buying online and not spending any coin in the places that were doing them a favor.

Im just saying expecting everyone to pay for an FFL license to dip a gun is just taking us down the path where rights are issued by the government

Back
Top Bottom