• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just an idea, opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rarely venture outside the trading sections of the forum these days so I haven't seen a lot of the issues that caused this idea to come up. That said...

I say go for it. I don't know how many moderators we have but skimming the red names on the front page it looks like 10-15. If majority of mods plus Steve think you make the site worse more than you make it better, then it's probably true. In the end the vote is really only advisement to Steve anyways, he can override it either direction based on his judgement. In this case the mods are just acting as Steve's eyes/ears on the forum

Also, the mods are (I assume) volunteers. The people that will be affected by this are probably creating an unnecessary burden on them. So letting them petition to have this burden removed makes sense to me. Like you said, the more the site grows the more you'll need to rely on moderators and the more moderators you'll need. No one is going to want to run around babysitting grown men who behave like children all day if there isn't much they can do about it.

It's your site Tom, your should run it how you like. If you want or need moderator input to decide on a ban, then do that. I've never caused much trouble here so I'm not real worried about who decides on the banning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom