• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Just bought an XL 1050 Dillon on a deal

Cbae123

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
102   1
Reaction score
Well been reloading on a Lee Loadmaster for over 2 years now. The loader is great on all straight cased ammo but have had issues with bottle necked cases. Having 10 5.56/.223 rifle and pistols to feed I needed to upgrade my loader to something that was a monster to just reload 5.56. I have been an avid lock n load person as I own most of the accessories in the lock n load line from the trimmers, dies, and cleaner but not the press. So went online to look at the ammo plant and found some but then I came across the XL 1050 Dillon that someone didn't use after purchasing for a shop on Ebay. On top of it all Ebay had 12 month interest free financing. I couldn't beat that deal with a stick. I will post pic when I get the press and set up

Last edited:
I've been wanting to pull the trigger on one. You got an awesome deal. My fantasy is to come across one at an estate sale where the widow is not interested in it and all the kids are females. What are the odds of that happening?

I've been wanting to pull the trigger on one. You got an awesome deal. My fantasy is to come across one at an estate sale where the widow is not interested in it and all the kids are females. What are the odds of that happening?

About as good of a chance of finding one for sale in the caliber you are looking for new at a $250 discount with 12 months to pay for it with no interest. So to you I say it is possible and happy hunting.

congrats thats as good as it get for progressive. welcome to the components anonymous addiction group. overtime , commision, double shifts, whatever your deal is . you must feed the beast now

what you have saved on your 1050 will be consumed many times over by your index finger. the good news is your skill level should increase dramatically.

practice with a purpose

All my friends have tons of brass of all calibers. I told all of them that this will be a dedicated for 223/5.56 only as soon as I get this machine I will have to do some batches for break in. The only problem is everyone seemd to be out of the 6000 count projectile by hornady for cheap. If anyone sees any please let me know.

I use a 1050 and 650. Love the 1050 for dedicated calibres but expensive to add calibers. Use it for 556 and 300 blackout. I dedicate it to small primer loads so I don't have to change the primer system out. 9MM, 38-357, 40 S&W, 45 ACP small primer and of course 223 and 300 Blackout. Its the Best. Love the downstroke priming best of all.

Back
Top Bottom