• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just cancelled all of my streaming services.

Well that explains it better!

Unless you are day trading, I doubt you need gigabit internet. Especially now that you’re not streaming lol
I'm a old school nerd gamer type. Gotta have the latest and greatest connection to the net.

Just changed to a $50 all in Xfinity plan. 300 mb speed, unlimited data. No tv. Will go with somebody like Hulu when football season gets here.
Still have Netflix, Prime, and Paramount.

Roku is free

yep. We activate Youtube TV when college football starts, and cancel when it's over. Been doing this for three years now. Netflix is still 9.99 a month if you go with the 720 plan, and honestly I never even notice the lower resolution. We cancel and start it as well depending on what we want to watch.

Netflix went up to 22 dollars a month. Considering downgrading my Directv service as well. This stuff is expensive.

Bill details For AT&T

DIRECTV
$313.26

Internet

$194.32

Wireless phone

$141.75

Total $649.33

On DirecTV: Have you consdered DirectTV's streaming service? It's $89/mo with 20 hours of DVR recording, $99 with unlimited DVR.

I finally cut the satellite service once we got fiber at our property (went from a dodgy 30Mbps ADSCL to a solid 1Gbps fiber connection).

That let me get rid of DirecTV satellite. I considered Hulu Live and YoutubeTV, but DirecTV Streaming is the only service that has Bally Sports South (we're Atlanta Hawks fans). I don't love the DirecTV steaming app (we use Rokus in our house), but it works and I've gotten used to it.

Swore off the DirecTV premium channel add ons a while back. HBOMax is very worthwhile, and many of us who had it before they divorced from Amazon are on a $7.99/mo deal. We also have basic Hulu, AppleTV, FoxNation, DailyWire, Amazon Prime and Netflix.

My satellite bill used to be like yours. Now my total streaming service bills tally around around $165/mo. We built a home theater in our basement, so we rarely go to the movies or sports bars. Figure it's a wash with what we used to spend out.

“Old School” ya say? If in fact you are an old school gamer, i think I still have one of those AOL floppy disks around here somewhere. Dial up should be fine, right?

Real, old school gamers do it with hexagons.

1653427195013.png

Only have Comcast internet - $99 For almost 700 down. Kids give us Nexflix, Hulu and Amazon. Got Disney free when we upgraded some phones. No one in family pays for anything such as HBO.
I have over the air antennas in the attic for local sports.

DIRECTV
$313.26

(youtube is 65 a month)

Internet

(most internet is 50-80 a month)

$194.32

Wireless phone

(switch to total wireless,strasight talk for less than 100 for two phones. some plans is 50 per 2 phones)

$141.75

Back
Top Bottom