Just crazy

Makes my paid for 2010 Silverado look real good!
Right! I will never buy another new car. Being a car salesman I have seen depreciation just rip customers new ones. I usually look for a 1 to 2 year car with warranty. I might not get the full body warranty but I do get the drive train warranty. My son inherited our 2001 Chrysler Voyager. I bought that van in 2003. It was 2 years old with 30,000 miles on it. I sold Dodge cars back then and the sticker on that very model was 24,250. I bought cash for 7,200 plus tax. How's that for depreciation. It's still running but with him driving it now I can't say how long it will last. With me and my wife driving it all I replaced was a battery and a radiator. We have had 17 years of great service out out of that van. I sold my father a 02 Dodge ram slt Quad Cab with tow pack and 20 inch wheels I inherited that when he died. Truck doesn't even have one leak and runs like top. I just replaced some front bushings and shocks all the way around but those are items that are going to need replace anyway. Those parts made that truck drive and feel like a new one. Especially the Bilstein shocks.

The rate of depreciation and the cost of insurance on a new car these days is a freaking budget drain. Even a modest little economy car is 300 to 400 bucks a month. Once you drive off the lot the depreciation locks you into that account draining monster for 60 to 72 months. I AM NOT THE ONE! Been there, done that got the tshirt and went home.

Try and find any any late 70's or 80'a cars left on the roads. Those bastards really got the crappy end of the stick. Bic Lighter cars. After 100,000 miles the cars just disintegrated.

Back
Top Bottom