Just my luck...

bgodfrey

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
8   0
Reaction score
put a new (used) radiator in my truck this weekend, it was a extra from a tear down we did earlier this year, and today on the way to work i start to over heat right as i was pulling into work. So after a couple hours i start going through some checks to see what the problem might be. I get the thermostat off and start back pumping water through engine and a effing chunk of a snake falls out from water pump.....so now i get to spend my weekend tearing apart my engin to get the rest of the snake as well as now i definatly need a NEW radiator and probably heator core.

Once it has gone through a few heat cycles (boiled a few times) the snake should have the consistency of a Sardine, and should no longer present a problem.

I had an S-10 Blazer a few years ago and went to check the oil before going to work. Looked like an extra hose was on the top and side of the radiator, When it moved when I touched it I realized it was a big black snake! Did not see the head or the tail and I could not get it to release its grip so I said OK snake, me and you are going to work! I took off and when I got to work the snake was gone. I thought later that that probably wasn't the smartest thing to do, snake could have got into the fan or belts and messed up a bunch of stuff.

Back
Top Bottom