• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kayak Fishing Thread

Not sure if this is the right forum but I'll give it a shot. I'm a large guy (300lbs ) and looking for my first ever sit on Kayak. I have bad knees and back and would like to get on a lake and paddle for some excercise. Any recomendations ? I'm not filthy rich but would like something with a nice backrest.
Thanks for any input
I have a Vibe Sea Ghost 130. I really like it. The seat if comfortable, but aftermarket seats are available. I also have a Vibe cooler that slides into the slot that the seat goes into and you can use the cooler as a seat.

Not sure if this is the right forum but I'll give it a shot. I'm a large guy (300lbs ) and looking for my first ever sit on Kayak. I have bad knees and back and would like to get on a lake and paddle for some excercise. Any recomendations ? I'm not filthy rich but would like something with a nice backrest.
Thanks for any input
You might want to look into Bonafide kayaks. I regularly stand and fish on my RS117. It has a 425lb weight capacity but with all my gear I am probably closer to 270. They are also made in the USA, which is also important to me.

nitrexman nitrexman

Ok being a big guy as well and similar issues. Seating is not the main issues as much as getting in and out.

I had a perception Striker and getting in was a trick! (Fixed seat below the sidewalls)
I recemtly went with a Nucanoe frontier 12. It has a elevated swivel seat that I can just sit back in like a regular chair then lift my legs to rotate the seat inwards. If you have knee and hip issues look at something with a swivel seat that gives a easy entry exit standing ankle deep in the water.

well, the wife and I took my bros 14ft canoe to Tussahaw this weekend. So we could fish in same boat. I didn't feel comfy standing in it although she did. As new57 said, takes getting used to. She regularly uses a stand up paddle board and teaches yoga which I do neither.

Lake acworth wasn’t slow Sunday. I was riding a perception pilot 12. I don’t get as much time to fish as I used to but it’s always nice not getting skunked.

Attachments

• IMG_5334.jpeg
    IMG_5334.jpeg
    157.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5328.jpeg
    IMG_5328.jpeg
    128.2 KB · Views: 5
Anyone have a pedal drive yak? this is on my wish list. I am tired of paddling on the hooch and not fishing. lol. Seems like all i do is paddle and reposition so i can cast.

Anyone have a pedal drive yak? this is on my wish list. I am tired of paddling on the hooch and not fishing. lol. Seems like all i do is paddle and reposition so i can cast.
I’ve got a nice perception pilot pedal kayak for sale. Pm me if you are interested. Doesn’t look like you are too far away either.

Attachments

• IMG_5525.jpeg
    IMG_5525.jpeg
    226.4 KB · Views: 30
Back
Top Bottom