• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kessler 20 gauge bolt

145   0
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I recently acquired a Kessler bolt action 20 gauge, mag fed, in really good condition. It feeds great and there is no rust or pitting. It was made in 1951 based on everything I've seen on the internet. Hey, if you can't trust the Internet who can you trust. Lol.

Anyway, I'm looking any information as to value, history, etc.

Thanks for your time.

From another gun blog:

"Kessler Arms Corp. of Silver Creek, NY appears to have been in business between 1951 and 1953.

Two models were produced. A bolt action shotgun was offered in 12, 16 or 20 gauge with a 26" or 28" barrel.The Levermatic Model, as the name implies, was a lever action shotgun available in 12, 16, or 20 gauge with a 26" or 28" barrel and a one piece wood stock. Values for the bolt action range from $20.- (poor) up to $125.- (Exc.). The Levermatic has higher values ranging from $ 75.- (poor) up to
$ 300.- (Exc.) depending upon condition. Combined production of both models exceeded 750,000 guns, the bulk of which appear to have been bolt actions. Since the firm ceased operations over 50 years ago, I would consider parts to be made of "unobtainium".

A 2005 article in The New Gun Week mentioned that when Kessler went into bankruptcy, Numrich/Gun Parts Corp. of West Hurley, NY has purchased all the remaining guns and parts..."

SILVER CREEK, NY is near Buffalo, on the shore of Lake Erie. It's a small town.

Back
Top Bottom