Kimber CDP Pro II Range Report

Griffin Armament

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
Firearms/Accessories Dealer
0   0
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/v/PntBFzQFo0Y&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

So I finally got out with the Kimber CDP II. I got my sight pusher tool first and was able to remove the series II safety and replace the stock pin with a titanium pin. I rough zeroed the 1911 prior to shooting the video here, and have since made one tiny adjustment and need to reconfirm zero.

The Sights didn't really agree with me, as you can see in the accuracy firing protion of the video, the elevation error is some result of me mentally not agreeing with the sights / their being difficult to read.

The gun however is accurate and reliable (no malfs of any type in my first 75 rounds with the pistol). The recoil is light to moderate, but with one hand obviously is a little stiffer than a Glock 19, as my Glock 19 one hand rapid fire segments were much more controlled than my Kimber CDP Pro Segments.

I don't really see this as a major issue, because the whole point of the 1911 is to have a gun that places a round where you aim it, and hits things harder than 9mm, so you don't need three rounds to do the job of one.

The Galco Concealable holster I have is not the most low profile rig around, but it doesn't require larger pants and is super confortable, as well as fast into action. I might get an IWB rig for it, but I like the Galco and will probably use it whenever I can.

Back
Top Bottom