Kirby Smart is new UGA coach

I think Kirby Smart will be a great fit. I have been hoping he would come here for a few years now. Richt had no head coaching experience before he came here, and Kirby Smart brings a lot of winning experience as DC for Alabama. I'm very optimistic about this choice.
X2. I like the move!! Kirby is well liked and will bring some of the Bama recruits with him!

Reactions: MRH
I don't dislike the choice, I'm just a bit skeptical that it was the right one. I've said UGA should fire Richt and hire Kirby Smart for a couple years now, but I think now that there may be better choices available. I'm ok with it though, as long as he doesn't try to hire Muschamp as his DC.

I think Kirby Smart will be a great fit. I have been hoping he would come here for a few years now. Richt had no head coaching experience before he came here, and Kirby Smart brings a lot of winning experience as DC for Alabama. I'm very optimistic about this choice.
Kirby Smart has 8 seasons as Bama's DC; arguably Bama had the best defense in the last decade in college football..
Kirby Smart has contributed to 3 Nat Championships in his 8 years there.

I like that track record :)

Reactions: MRH
Rumor going around is that Kirby wants to bring Muschamp to UGA as his DC, so Pruitt is probably out the door. Might feel slighted that he didn't get the job. Alabama is going to target him to replace Kirby Smart.

11 HC jobs open: Maryland, Memphis, Miami, Mizzou, North Texas, Rutgers, South Carolina, Syracuse, Tulane, ULM, UVA

Back
Top Bottom