• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Knife Experts: help me identify a bunch of knives

Proximal

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
26   0
Reaction score
My dad gave me a bunch of knives in my teens when he moved to AK from Colorado. I've held onto them for a long time, but I don't know anything about them or their value. I'm thinking about selling them, but I need an idea of their value and that is difficult to do when you don't know much about the hobby. Here are a bunch of pics. I'll give whatever info I can off of each item if it isn't pictured.

This one says "Original Bowie Knife" and has explorer on it and says it was made in Germany.

I know absolutely nothing about this one.

Or this one...

Last edited:
This is a smaller version of the one above. Obviously a pair.

This was my first knife given to me at 14. My dad is a pretty cool guy. I'd be terrified to give this to either of my boys. Anyway, it has no marking on it. I assume it is hand made.

Last, but not least, I have this little folder.

I did some minor googling and didn't find much. Hopefully you guys can help me out.

Hmmm

I will work on a few ideas.
I think the closed handle knife could be full custom, won't find much.

I will look for the rose makers mark on the one. I know some serious knife guys that make it their business to know.

Give me a few days.
Nice pieces.

Thanks klarktx, I appreciate the help.

Looks like the German Bowie is made by Linder. Not a cheap maker either. I finally found two on ebay that are similar for 145 and 75.

Also found out more about the small folding knife. Seems to be a good knife maker and it looks like they are part of Linder. No clue what the knife's value is, so I'll just stick it back in the bag I had it in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom