• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Knife in your pocket today?

20190304_163631.jpg

I agree. I watch this thread and have bought several I've seen, still can use a cheap Kershaw to do everything the high dollar microtech will do. Crazy thing is I use a knife daily. Guess I'm a troll as well.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Knives aren’t created equally. I’m a blade steel snob myself.

I ran into another contractor today, he was a plumber. He noticed I was carrying a Microtech and was surprised I carry it at work. I explained it holds and edge longer and doesn’t rust as easily.

Here is a comparison of two tools I use. The Leatherman wave is ~$100 and is made of 420 I believe and it is next to a Microtech with a blade made of M390 and runs ~$225

Leatherman needs to be sharpened monthly. Microtech has yet to need sharpening.

I carried the standard Leatherman wave for almost a year until I retired it because it was so rusty. I got a black coated Leatherman for Christmas (3 months ago) and it isn’t lasting either. Microtech has been in service about 6 months and it has much less corrosion than the black coated Leatherman and it’s been in service twice as long.

I cut open wet bags of salt all day. Also cut the normal things like cardboard, rubber hoses etc.

I still have cheap knives. Kershaws made of 8cr13mov are easy to sharpen and I like them. But I understand why more expensive knives exist.

7941F164-3399-43AA-9925-E5797E73BF9A.jpeg

3A23A9DE-1A10-43B0-8F8A-5D95470F7116.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom