• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Knife in your pocket today?

I have a couple of older fixed blades, nothing new added to the collection. I'm looking at a few fixed EDC blades, I forget the name of the style...my next folder is going to be a Gucci blade, just to see what all the fuss is about.

got one in mind? Owned a boat load of different knives and Imo can’t beat a shiro or Koenig if you’re willing to pony up. Chris reeves is a great place to dip your toe in the water too.

In the $400-500 range, if you like a flipper, I'd go Hinderer. The knifes and options are vast. If you want thumb stud deployment, my current favorite is a McNees PM Mac 2 3.5". They just come out with the 3.5", so they're hard to get, but should be more available as 2022 rolls on. A close second is a Les George VECP. They run on washers, so the action is not as good as bearings, but it's still awesome.

Sebenza's are widely regarded as the benchmark for quality, but I personally find them boring. IMO, they're too expensive for what they are, but I'm in the minority on that opinion, I think.

Koenig is probably the king right now, but they get pricy fast.

0A3A33C0-05C9-4840-9159-8B4289AF14A7.jpeg

In the $400-500 range, if you like a flipper, I'd go Hinderer. The knifes and options are vast. If you want thumb stud deployment, my current favorite is a McNees PM Mac 2 3.5". They just come out with the 3.5", so they're hard to get, but should be more available as 2022 rolls on. A close second is a Les George VECP. They run on washers, so the action is not as good as bearings, but it's still awesome.

Sebenza's are widely regarded as the benchmark for quality, but I personally find them boring. IMO, they're too expensive for what they are, but I'm in the minority on that opinion, I think.

Koenig is probably the king right now, but they get pricy fast.
Any idea what’s going on with hinderer right now? Not sure if Rick took the month off or what but only thing I have seen around in the last little bit are a couple of slippys here and there. Kinda got the itch for a xm18 bowie.

Any idea what’s going on with hinderer right now? Not sure if Rick took the month off or what but only thing I have seen around in the last little bit are a couple of slippys here and there. Kinda got the itch for a xm18 bowie.

USA Made Blade is my go-to dealer, and all they've had lately are small drops of XM-18 3.5" with a recurve blade. Whitty says a new Half Track is in the works, and they're going to drop some XM-18 with a 3" Wharnie blade soon. He hinted that they're are only a few parts that Hinderer does not make in house, but supply chain issues have affected getting those parts.

DLT Trading does alot of Hinderer business, but I've never done biz with them.

USA Made Blade is my go-to dealer, and all they've had lately are small drops of XM-18 3.5" with a recurve blade. Whitty says a new Half Track is in the works, and they're going to drop some XM-18 with a 3" Wharnie blade soon. He hinted that they're are only a few parts that Hinderer does not make in house, but supply chain issues have affected getting those parts.

DLT Trading does alot of Hinderer business, but I've never done biz with them.

had great experiences with both Whitty and DLT in the past. Holding out hope for the return of the Xm-24 but it seems like those won’t be coming back anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom