• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Knuckleheads

troubleman

Default rank <500 posts Supporter
Survivalist
57   0
Reaction score
So, I have a small rant. Typically, the folks I encounter on this site are honorabe; men of their word. I've had one or two try to scam me; no big deal, I just ignore them. But one situation has just completely gotten under my skin. I'm looking for a particular pistol; I find one with a good price. I pm the seller, no response. I post in the thread, no response. Others do the same, no apparent response. The seller disappears; but not from the ODT, he's still active on the site. Months later, he reappears, with the same pistol, exact same pictures. I post the first "I'll take it", pm the seller, Again, no response. Now it's "item gone". WTF? I mean, I know it's his property; but, what's the deal? Am I wrong to be pissed? Has anyone else experienced this? Rant over...

Folks like that ain’t worth the trouble! Some folks just don’t have the courtesy to reply or post as gone! I’ve sent pms to 3 different ones in past month with no response! Also made deals with 6 other ones! You just have to put a few on ignore is way I do! Have a blessed day!

So, I have a small rant. Typically, the folks I encounter on this site are honorabe; men of their word. I've had one or two try to scam me; no big deal, I just ignore them. But one situation has just completely gotten under my skin. I'm looking for a particular pistol; I find one with a good price. I pm the seller, no response. I post in the thread, no response. Others do the same, no apparent response. The seller disappears; but not from the ODT, he's still active on the site. Months later, he reappears, with the same pistol, exact same pictures. I post the first "I'll take it", pm the seller, Again, no response. Now it's "item gone". WTF? I mean, I know it's his property; but, what's the deal? Am I wrong to be pissed? Has anyone else experienced this? Rant over...

They probably figure out you're trouble, man.

Maybe he just don't like you. Get over it.

More seriously though, it's annoying. I haven't had that happen here at ODT, but overall these kinds of forums (fora?) can be full of dickheads. Some of them have an 'angle'. Some just don't know how to use the system and don't monitor their PMs. Some have no excuse other than just being a dickhead.

Chalk it up to people being people.

More seriously though, it's annoying. I haven't had that happen here at ODT, but overall these kinds of forums (fora?) can be full of dickheads. Some of them have an 'angle'. Some just don't know how to use the system and don't monitor their PMs. Some have no excuse other than just being a dickhead.

Chalk it up to people being people.
It all depends on what those "I'll take it PMs" actually said. If I get a PM that says I'll take it and with a price that's just lowball "throw it at the wall and see if it sticks," of course I'll ignore it. Context and content is key here.

Some people will list their pistol, get a bunch of replys, realize they listed it for too little, and then backpedal. Classic bait and switch, but InTune is right...people will throw you under the bus for $5 more.

It all depends on what those "I'll take it PMs" actually said. If I get a PM that says I'll take it and with a price that's just lowball "throw it at the wall and see if it sticks," of course I'll ignore it. Context and content is key here.
Full price. Just trying to set up a meet. Frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom