• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Knuckleheads

Some people will list their pistol, get a bunch of replys, realize they listed it for too little, and then backpedal. Classic bait and switch, but InTune is right...people will throw you under the bus for $5 more
I've never backpedaled or baited and switched on anything I've sold. Even when realizing that I might have priced too low I stuck with the ad price and what it said. I've noticed money seems to be tight now and a lot of ad viewers may be having second thoughts about the money involved. It really depends on what you're asking for your item, IMO. Biden's $1400 tax payer funded giveaway was a boost but that's gone now - lots of stuff sold. Now, with Christmas, inflation, gas prices and what not, it's a big decision to spend a grand on a gun - even if it is something somebody sees and drools over.

I've never backpedaled or baited and switched on anything I've sold. Even when realizing that I might have priced too low I stuck with the ad price and what it said. I've noticed money seems to be tight now and a lot of ad viewers may be having second thoughts about the money involved. It really depends on what you're asking for your item, IMO.

Yes, these are hardly ever established members were talking about.

I've thought about placing every member that lists an item insanely priced on ignore, but......it would just wind up being wack a mole. I don't look on here near as much as I used to . SMH...
Insanely priced...... hmmmm... Yeah, there are some that I'd consider extra high priced. Mainly the 'custom' jobs and items members think and desperately want to believe still have value. But you also have to look at the total offering. There are people here selling unused and USED batteries and all other manner of bric-a-brac stuff - whatever hooks a sucker. Just look at them, laugh and then move off to that rare item you really might want and can make a deal on.

As you can see by my low number in feedback, I don't spend a ton of time on here. However, people are people. I have found that when that happens, my conclusion is that some people just want to see if what they have is valuable/desirable. As weird as it sounds, it's like taking your car to a car show just to watch people look at your stuff, except this is the digital version. We are all looking to buy, some are just showing their stuff with no intent to sell.

I had a feller list an item I was really interested and its listed at a really good price, I was first ill take it,then the game was on, oh I can only meet this day/ time,during hours and days I had to work of course can’t meet weekends I busy etc. I finally gave up and put him on ignore.

Back
Top Bottom