• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Kroger standing rib roast 6.97

thevalueman thevalueman is that a tudor? Band looks like one...

also what are you using for grinding? I have a kitchenaid but no attachments for it yet. I am carnivore as of a month ago (and down 25 pounds!) so going to keep eating a metric S-ton of beef.
That Kitchenaid will work with the metal grinder attachment but if you think you'll be doing any serious grinding buy a quality standalone grinder. At least 3/4 hp is best. It's worth the small investment and will last a long time. I have a nice grinder but decided to try the Kitchenaid. I did 2 pork butts for sausage. It works OK but it reminded me of when I first started processing my own deer and bought a smaller grinder. It takes more time because you have to feed the cubes of meat more slowly.

GMT MasterII

20231214_153719.png

Well, Kroger got me. I stopped in to get the Rib Eye Roast and then picked up 2 packs of the Smithfield bacon, looked at the spiral cut ham, but that would have taken me a year to eat that much ham! Walked by the seafood and had to get some sea scallops and a couple pounds of shrimp. The 5 pack of pork chops joined the gang. (On the way to the cashier, Reeses Easter eggs and some jelly beans wound up in my cart.)

I went to 2 different Krogers yesterday and came home with 1 rib roast. Richmond Hill didn't have any and Hinesville had 1 left. It was smaller than I wanted but there was no other choice. Richmond Hill had the pork butts for $.99 lb and I got the last 2 they had.

Back
Top Bottom