• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

kruggerand $80 over spot

What would you do with physical gold? If you bought it today at spot (~$1780), how do you move it tomorrow without taking a bath. From what I could find, online bullion buyers are buying at around $1650 today. That's around a 7.5% loss. If you're buying it as an investment, that 7.5% differential sounds pretty rough AND gold is pretty high right now. I'm just curious about gold in general and physical gold in particular which seems to be a 7.5% worse investment.

What would you do with physical gold? If you bought it today at spot (~$1780), how do you move it tomorrow without taking a bath. From what I could find, online bullion buyers are buying at around $1650 today. That's around a 7.5% loss. If you're buying it as an investment, that 7.5% differential sounds pretty rough AND gold is pretty high right now. I'm just curious about gold in general and physical gold in particular which seems to be a 7.5% worse investment.
Gold and silver are underpriced right now. If you think they are high now, look at this thread next year.

Read this thread if you interested in investing into PMs.
https://theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/official-odt-silver-thread.1332169/

During the late 70's during the Hunt Brothers silver run up, gold was along for the ride and hit $1000 an ounce. That was the time when South Africa was getting all the bad press and most places wouldn't buy a Krugerrand even at 20% back of melt. Same happened with the Pahlavi coins when the Shah of Iran had to beat feet out of there. I was in Maryland at the time and the shop I worked in wouldn't buy the Pahlavi coins either, even though they were being offered at a significant discount (from folks who rushed out of Iran taking their gold and stuff with them).

Back
Top Bottom