• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Kudos to Smith and Wesson customer service !!!

Boz1911

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
404   0
Reaction score
I have a 10 year old Smith model 41 that developed a problem with the trigger not resetting. It would reset if you let the slide down easy but not when the slide was at full speed.
I called all the local gunsmiths and nobody wanted to touch it so as last resort I checked with Smith directly.
Within a few days I had a Fedex call tag and instructions on how to return the gun to them for repair. I sent the gun to them thinking this would be a six month process but lo and behold I had the gun back to me in less than two weeks. All at no cost.
Thanks for outstanding service Smith and Wesson !!

Last edited:
That is great to hear. Being a S&W enthusiast, it is good to know that have improved their customer service. I have always had great customer service from them, but others have had a mixed bag of service. Again, great to hear and like you said, "kudos to S&W customer service".

Had a problem with my s&w 22a . They didn't give me the run around they only asked what the problem was and sent the prepaid shipping box . I Got it back from smith 2 weeks later fixed @ No charge. Fantastic service made me a life long customer.

Sometimes these gun MFG are better than car mfg. Its sad for the price you pay.

These guys are awesome. I had a problem with a fairly new pistol. It turned out that this was a common problem I sent it in, they not only fixed it for free. They also sent it back with two free magazines. I am a huge fan and as long as they keep all this up I will be a lifer.

I sent a gun that was a gift from my father back to them in February to be refinished as it was looking a little rough. Without contacting me they deemed it defective and destroyed it. When I contacted them to check on it a month later they told me then that it had been destroyed, and they would replace it, however they don't make that model without a lock anymore and they only make them in January so I would be waiting until February 2013 for my replacement gun that will now have a lawyer lock.

To say the least I was not happy. They offered to replace it with a different model all together which I accepted unhappily. A month later I called to ask where it was and they told me they only make those in October. Wtf? I finally got my replacement in November.

My fault for sending a unreplaceable gun, but still. Glad yours turned out better.

I sent a gun that was a gift from my father back to them in February to be refinished as it was looking a little rough. Without contacting me they deemed it defective and destroyed it. When I contacted them to check on it a month later they told me then that it had been destroyed, and they would replace it, however they don't make that model without a lock anymore and they only make them in January so I would be waiting until February 2013 for my replacement gun that will now have a lawyer lock.

To say the least I was not happy. They offered to replace it with a different model all together which I accepted unhappily. A month later I called to ask where it was and they told me they only make those in October. Wtf? I finally got my replacement in November.

My fault for sending a unreplaceable gun, but still. Glad yours turned out better.

Wtf man? I would have been far up somebody's ass. That's complete BS.

Back
Top Bottom