• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Largest US flag displayed

shootin4fun

Default rank 5000+ posts
Veritas Aequitas
187   0
Reaction score
The largest United States Flag ever made displayed proudly at Hoover Dam. Each star is over 17 feet high. It takes a crew of 15 to unfurl it. God Bless America!

EB383237-42DF-4130-ADBF-37C02FC04C8C.jpeg

Whichever one is bigger, i dont care. I think they are both great ! They stand for the best and greatest country on earth !!
Things like making/hanging these flags get people to come together with the same patriotism, regardless if their politics may differ some.
You can bet that those who wish to do this country harm and those who wish to burn flags in protest aren’t among these groups.

Whichever one is bigger, i dont care. I think they are both great ! They stand for the best and greatest country on earth !!
Things like making/hanging these flags get people to come together with the same patriotism, regardless if their politics may differ some.
You can bet that those who wish to do this country harm and those who wish to burn flags in protest aren’t among these groups.
Well said sir!

Just a thought: if stars on flag on top were 17’ high, that would put that flag at over 275’ high.....no telling the length.
The flag in the video D Deleted member 79987 posted shows to be 78’ x 150’ ....... over 1/4 acre

I figured 17’ x 9 stars=153’ (not counting distance between ea.)
Just by estimating stripes at 20’ wide x 6 stripes below stars would equal roughly 120’ ......

See where this is going? I think those numbers of 17 foot high stars has to be wrong.

Just a thought.

Just a thought: if stars on flag on top were 17’ high, that would put that flag at over 275’ high.....no telling the length.
The flag in the video D Deleted member 79987 posted shows to be 78’ x 150’ ....... over 1/4 acre

I figured 17’ x 9 stars=153’ (not counting distance between ea.)
Just by estimating stripes at 20’ wide x 6 stripes below stars would equal roughly 120’ ......

See where this is going? I think those numbers of 17 foot high stars has to be wrong.

Just a thought.
Consider the size of Hoover Dam, it very well could be right.

Definitely larger than this one.
Vehicle_Assembly_Building_1992.jpg

Stripes are supposed to be wider than a traffic lane.

Back
Top Bottom