Ken Ford

Default rank 5000+ posts
Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
175   0
Reaction score
OK race fans!

Had a great time at the SDBA race this weekend.
I took Roxanne and Maverick.
Paid for the early testing to get me some sorely needed seat time, to get ready for the weekend. Was able to improve my reaction times all day leading into the shoot outs Friday Night on Roxanne. It paid off and I made a few rounds in the shoot out. Not sure, but I think these were the first rounds I made in the shootouts this year.
Maverick was improving with every adjustment I made before a failure of the fuel valve, it’s a Pingle and should not have been a problem. Kinda wondering if it may have been a counterfeit?.

On to Saturday:
Decided to enter Pro ET, 5.60 and 6.0 on Roxanne, not sure how many rounds we made, but the sun was starting to set and I have a deep stack of tickets for all three classes.
The soldier Ronnie Woodall Jr put me out of Pro ET. Spun just a little, must have been more than I thought, as I gave back the stripe by .020 I should have stayed in it as it would likely have run dead on. Duh.
6.0 I qualified #5 but I ran up up against my good friend Corey Lee after several rounds. I have that class covered by quite a bit but somehow managed to run pretty close to dead on all day. However I lost in a double break out, with 5.93 to Corey’s 5.98 Damn.

5.60 Was printing tickets till I ran up against Jordan Weiss I allowed myself to get distracted at the starting line and had an absolutely miserable leave, Jordan rarely falters, I tried, but as usual he was on his game.

Overall I had a much more respectable outing than I’ve had all year. I think I went more rounds this weekend than my whole season combined this year.

I have to Thank Sonny Vick for a Stellar racing organization. I will put any of the top racers in SDBA up against any other racing organization in the country.

Special shout out to Don Chavous for the moral support and coaching, took me under his wing and taught me pretty much all I know about racing several decades ago.
For all the late calls for advise, both about bikes, and life in general. I simply could never repay him.

Thank you to Hard Times Parts and service Dustin Lee. He is much more than just a parts supplier, with superb support for the products he sells.
After this year I was a little worried he wanted his decals off my bike. LOL

My sister Dea Ford for for all the pictures and videos, and all the help she provides in the pit. Helps me keep my head clear, and concentrate on my racing. (And sometimes helps me remember all the stuff age keeps letting me forget LOL)

Many friends, old and new. David Young, Jonah Allen, Yan Levit, Cody Spires Krystal Spires ( for the new decals for Maverick) Soo many friends but I couldn’t possibly tag everyone.
IMG_0282.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom