• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Latin For You

BIKER13

Hen of Fame Lifetime Supporter
Indians wont bother you now cuz you are touched
1346   0
Reaction score
latin u should know.jpg

Sadly, or happily, depending on your point of view I learned it in high school many years before Tombstone. The quote is completed with "in aqua sanitas". In water there is health. Catholic school education...guys our age had to learn the mass in Latin as well.
So, another victim of parochial school systems?
They can be hard on a smart-ass kid.

Those nuns and priests ‘whupped my aice’ daily, but I got a first-class education.

Still got scars on my knuckles from the rulers. Did you know that you can't give a kid a swirly at Catholic school without getting your knuckles trashed? One of the many things I learned along with that first class education!

Still got scars on my knuckles from the rulers. Did you know that you can't give a kid a swirly at Catholic school without getting your knuckles trashed? One of the many things I learned along with that first class education!
Mother Concelia, our principal, originally preferred a thin yard-stick slap across one’s open palms.
One day as she swung for the fences, I snatched my hands back and her follow-through broke it when she hit the floor. Thought I’d solved the problem. Wrong. She switched to one of those triangle scale rulers and rapped us across the knuckles of an outstretched hand. Think that may have been worse.
Think my first visit to the principal was my first day of kindergarten on a balmy September day in 1948.

Back
Top Bottom