LCP 2 FAIL - Ideas welcome

Mad props for getting through 60 rounds with an LCP.

The LCP2 is a completely different gun. I shot that and the regular LCP last week, I could get though about 15 rounds with the original and it wasn't pleasant. I was at about 60 rounds with the 2 with no issues at all, and much more accurate for me as well.

Here's an update in case anyone is interested. I shipped it back to Ruger and they just emailed me today saying that it had to be completely replaced. It looks like Ruger is going to ship me a new one free of charge, though I'm going to be out the FFL fee.

Have it shipped to Cherokee Gun and Pawn. They do free FFL transfers.

I went ahead and told them to ship it to Stoddard's in Atlanta. It was $50, but worth it I guess because it's just down the street from my office and I'm hoping that they will send it with a new magazine and holster.

I went ahead and told them to ship it to Stoddard's in Atlanta. It was $50, but worth it I guess because it's just down the street from my office and I'm hoping that they will send it with a new magazine and holster.

Stoddards charges $50 for a transfer? Not good.

Wait, if they are going to replace it won't they just ship it to your house?

I had a Springfield Omega pistol returned and repaired at the factory and they shipped it back to me at my house. Wouldn't this be the same thing?

Maybe 'cause it's a new gun?

Glad Ruger is taking care of you but it's a shame Stoddards charges that much when you could drive to Truprep or Fourth Amory for a free transfer. I get the convenience factor but that's a nice meal and drinks out with the wife kinda money!

Here's an update in case anyone is interested. I shipped it back to Ruger and they just emailed me today saying that it had to be completely replaced. It looks like Ruger is going to ship me a new one free of charge, though I'm going to be out the FFL fee.
Did they say exactly what was wrong with it? Curious as I recently purchased one.

Back
Top Bottom