• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

LCP to S&W 642/442?

tsp_2177

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
1   0
Reaction score
Anybody made the switch. I have been thinking about it lately and I think I may do it. I like how concealable my Lcp is, but I can't shoot it to my likings and I don't trust the power of the 380 auto to want to carry it as a primary when I can't carry my 9mm sig. I shoot my wife's 38 lcr better than my Lcp but I don't think she is willing to give it up anytime soon lol and I want something metal. Also my Lcp hasn't been as reliable as everyone else's it seems, broken extractor at 350 rounds and rusting. Is there a 357 mag the same size as a 442/642? Thanks.

Last edited:
I use to have an LCP, it was my least favorite gun to shoot I've ever owned. You could hide it away easily, but I'm very happy I switched to a J frame, I have a 442.

NGaHB

How has the finish held up on your 442? I like the stainless look cause I want to go with wood grips but if a 442 is all I can find then I will go with it for sure just don't want poor finish problems like my LCP has had

I have both an lcp and a 642. Both are pretty good gun IMHO, but I like the trigger pull on the 642 better eventhough its still a little rough, not as bad as the lcp though. Alot of times ill just keep the 642 in my back pocket and it carries well.

My finish has held up well, it gets pretty rough treatment and other than a few scratches it's good to no. No rust or corrosion has developed. My LCP would get a fine surface rust if you looked at it wrong

Back
Top Bottom