Leather Holsters a Thing of the Past ?

I don't wear leather holsters anymore because they're bulkier, heavier and pourous. More than one occasion I've removed my leather holster after a day in the summer heat and it'd be moist from sweating
I could have a holster made of ice and I'd still sweat. It doesn't matter which I wear.

cracks me up to see the guys saying that those of us who don't have a use for leather either "can't afford" or "have never owned a quality holster."

Yeah, that's obviously the issue. :rolleyes:

cracks me up to see the guys saying that those of us who don't have a use for leather either "can't afford" or "have never owned a quality holster."

Yeah, that's obviously the issue. :rolleyes:
Did someone write that on here? I may have missed it. I’d wager most people on here have sunk a decent chunk of change on holsters regardless of preferred material.

Love the leather

Attachments

• 20220723_191520.jpg
    20220723_191520.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 5
I am a dinosaur who grew up owning genuine leather holsters [mostly hand stitched] for all my handguns. Probably because that was the only/most available type in the dark ages. Regardless, I still prefer them over Kydex or nylon or whatever. [Just as info, I also prefer deeply blued weapons over stainless/parkerized/cerakote/whatever finishes and I prefer paddle holsters for ease of removing from belt area. ] Nevertheless, the point of my thread is are genuine leather holsters pretty much forever gone because of cost to manufacture or laws against animal hides being utilized or not enough interest by owners for shops to stock or they cause the weapon to sweat or ? Just curious. Thanks.
There and me!!! Bluing just looks right and looks good in leather

Back
Top Bottom