Lee field reloaders for 308

Keep watch'n the ads and buy a used DILLON 550B, even though it may not be new DILLON, has a no BS GUARANTEE. Don't get in a hurry and you can find one it may take some searching however you will find and you will never regret it!!!!

We simply enjoy ours one is over 25 - 30 years old.

DILLON, buy it once and you are done..................

just a suggestion....

good luck on your Dillon equipment hunting quest.........................

All good advice.

But I would like to add, that as a new reloader you really should load single stage.
From what I understand, the 550 can be locked in single stage and used that way.

I have a friend who loads on one. He loads all his rifle rounds single stage.

Personally, I load everything single stage. It takes more time, but who cares? I don't shoot hundreds of rounds per month. I enjoy taking things slowly and carefully. Single stage is the way I think I will always do rifle rounds.

All good advice.

But I would like to add, that as a new reloader you really should load single stage.
From what I understand, the 550 can be locked in single stage and used that way.

I have a friend who loads on one. He loads all his rifle rounds single stage.

Personally, I load everything single stage. It takes more time, but who cares? I don't shoot hundreds of rounds per month. I enjoy taking things slowly and carefully. Single stage is the way I think I will always do rifle rounds.

Really seams like the Dillon has some great fetures I would think are important to a beginer with the alarms and such .. Yes or no ?
I dont want to upgrade 1 year or 2 from now . A good knowledgeable friend is going to share this venture with me . I want to do it right the first time.
Your advice is more than welcome

You can just do one cartridge at a time in the 550b or you can do 4. It is up to you. And like you said, you won't have to upgrade in the future. I did buy Dillon dies when I ordered mine, a set of .45 acp and .45 colt. I later found out that other dies work on it and have been using Lee for all other calibers and they are about half the price of the dillon dies. Only thing is, Dillon is a lifetime warranty and Lee is 2 years on most things. But you can't really break a die except for the decapping pin which are not expensive to replace. I learned on my 550b. I do wish I had had someone to show me though. Didn't have youtube when I got mine.

midwayusa.com; midsouthshooterssupply.com; are good prices on equipment and bullets. You typically are best buying powder and primers locally to avoid the hazmat fee. Others are Wideners, Powdervalleyinc, wholesalehunter, Cabelas, Bass Pro etc.

Just happen to get email from mid south today about there bullet blemish sale . They say they are only cosmetic. Did I waste my money buying these at 50% off

Absolutely not. I have bought blemished on several occasions and can only remember finding one with the ballistic tip missing. They are just usually not shiny. You can usually figure out what brand they are by the description. For instance, if it is a 139 grain 7mm, it is definitely a hornady.

I got the same e-mail. Midsouth is usually a bit cheaper on bullets than Midway, but Midway does a better job of keeping their stock up. When it comes to other stuff, they are tit for tat.

Varget, RL15, whole host of other powders, but those are the 2 that I have used. They are very similar and can be used for numerous other medium rifle calibers also and even heavy .223 bullets.

Back
Top Bottom