Legal Advice?...sort of

Exile

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
3   0
Reaction score
I am trying to weigh the need for adding more coverage for criminal/civil liability in the case I am ever facing legal action related to the use of my firearm. There are also packages that include funds for legal defense in those situations. I have been getting solicitations from a few insurers that offer these but have zero experience with them. How do I assess their cost/benefit? Any advice and opinion would be welcome.

I have an umbrella now though I need to follow up to see if it would cover legal matters involving firearms. I am not sure how various companies have gotten my information. I have a GWL but do not have any business interests associated with firearms. Maybe a credit card company I use has sold my info.....who knows. I have also signed petitions and such associated with the many of the recent legislation issues and some of those required e-mail contact info. Regardless I am interested. I have been to the GaCarry site and found nothing. I would prefer to hear opinions from the client side of things vs the insurers/lawyers. Any information I get from them will be biased towards what they sell(insurers) or who treats their interests the best(lawyers).

I would just increase your personal liability on your home insurance 1st. I would imagine it is already at least 300K-500K based on the fact that you have an umbrella policy. That would probably be the most cost effective. 2nd I would look at increasing your umbrella up to the next million, (ie you have 1 million->go to 2 million). Make sure to ask the customer service rep. you speak with if the situation you refer to is excluded. Also read the policy when it comes to make sure the CS rep. knew what they were talking about. Please keep in mind every company is different and has different rules and regulations regarding their products. Feel free to PM or reply here for further information/questions. Just my .02.

Thanks sts04c.....I am already there. I will at least post a follow up once i confirm current policy coverage. Obviously no one plans to be sued/lose everything when their only intent is self/family protection. I do have more to lose than just life though and would like to protect my children/spouse in case I ever face those tough choices.

Back
Top Bottom