Legal Open Carrier Sues Tampa LEO more open carry stupidity

rockyfatcat

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
31   0
Reaction score
http://blog.cheaperthandirt.com/flo...ign=080815-infloridalegalopencarriersuestampa

This guy was fishing off a pier. The cops tried to sneak up and grab his holstered gun. He started to draw a backup weapon and stopped when he realized it was the police.

the officer found out that Mr. Freeman was not doing anything wrong. After detaining him for over an hour the police realized that they could not find any crime to charge him with. So they issued him an order, a trespass notice that prevents him from going to the public pier at Ballast Point for one year.

They arrested him. The moment they detained him he was arrested and denied him of his liberty to move about. He should sue. I believe that he should sue the police dept. , but I would also sue the officers in their personal capacity. Once the officers detained him unlawfully, they can lose their immunity from being sued.

They arrested him. The moment they detained him he was arrested and denied him of his liberty to move about. He should sue. I believe that he should sue the police dept. , but I would also sue the officers in their personal capacity. Once the officers detained him unlawfully, they can lose their immunity from being sued.
And if the public or police is unprepared to see it, it becomes a really bad idea, really quick.

Like the idiot who thought it would be a good idea to walk around the atlanta airport with an AR-15. You might be right, but do you really want to have to prove it in court?

This is a very easy case to prove in court, why else do you think the city is saying they are sorry. they know they may have to pay up.
You are probably right. Does that mean I'd play that way? No thanks! I prefer to stay out of courtrooms.

As one member said; I don't talk to cops, I don't want to go to jail. He's right, If you never ever speak to an police officer, your chances of going to jail go waaaaaay down.

Back
Top Bottom