• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Legion

From Aug 20 ...

Bring everything you need to be totally self-sufficient for a very long and exhausting day. I'm working on a "hose off" option, but don't count on it to be safe. This place is in the middle of nowhere, so if you need something from Walmart you're looking at a 30 minute drive each way.

Schedule will be as follows:
0630-0730: Sign waiver & pay match fee
0730: Opening ceremonies & shooter's meeting
0800: First runner is sent out. Another runner is sent out every 7 minutes until we're done.

There will be a side stage on the 1,000 yd line involving a Barrett M22 suppressed rifle chambered in 300 Norma Mag that you should most definitely shoot while you wait for your run time (or after you finish). Bring cash for this stage and other opportunities to donate to SFA.

After the last runner comes in I'll take 45 minutes or so to tabulate and check the scores, then we'll have an awards ceremony. If history is a guide we'll be done somewhere around 8:00pm. But that could vary ±2 hours depending completely on how fast people run and how many pile-ups we have at stages.

Dead Zero has lots of cool stuff to do while you wait that will all be open to the public: a 100-1,000 yd covered rifle range with electronic targets, two beautiful Sporting Clays Courses, 5-stand, Trap, Skeet, many different gun rentals and a great Pro Shop, and more. There's even an IDPA match going on Saturday in the pistol bays if you get a late run time. I highly encourage you to take advantage of any and all of these to give these folks some income, as they are donating 100% of their facilities for us to use for this match and making ZERO off of us. Definitely call them before you just show up and expect to walk on any of these courses as they stay pretty busy - but it's all there for you to try if you want.

After you finish your run you are welcome to wander the course to help things move along faster, encourage the runners, or enjoy the scenery. Keep in mind this is supposed to be shot as a BLIND COURSE, so please don't wander at all before your run, or share any secrets with runners who are behind you in the line-up.

Thank you Mike! Man this one sounds like a bruiser. I love it!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Ok so I guess I am going to be ammo heavy on this one.....

See yall that I just got on the roster and off the wait list!
I added one extra pistol and one extra rifle pouch to the belt, and this will be my first time running a chest rig. My strategy for this one is going to be run slower, shoot carbine as usual, shoot pistol faster and PAY ATTENTION.

Take a look at these: https://www.velsyst.com/products/assaulter-arm-board

I use these for my longer range matches or at RnGs if there's shooting beyond 2-300 yards. I'll put holds or other pertinent info on the front, then you've got the inside sections for less necessary reference data or space to make notes. I use Rite in the Rain note cards for data and such, but I sometimes put on painters/masking tape and use a marker to write on the tape for stuff I don't want to rub off.

I finally massaged (read: Dremeled) my Safariland ALS holster enough to make my Shadow Systems MR920 Compact with Delta Point Pro fit correctly so this will be my first attempt running a gun that is not a subcompact AND my first attempt at a pistol with an optic in competition. Interested to see how this goes.

I finally massaged (read: Dremeled) my Safariland ALS holster enough to make my Shadow Systems MR920 Compact with Delta Point Pro fit correctly so this will be my first attempt running a gun that is not a subcompact AND my first attempt at a pistol with an optic in competition. Interested to see how this goes.

17L for me!

Uh oh, Burdy is getting serious now.

I’m going to have to tie your laces together and put some grease on that optic to give the rest of us a chance.

On a serious note, I had my back epidural yesterday, so haven’t been able to train for this at all. Feeling better, but I’m going to have to take it easy. Hoping to be able to run some of it. Looking forward to seeing and hanging out with everyone. We got lucky again and drew earlier start times.

We all know who that Barret is going home with right Sean.

Back
Top Bottom