• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Let’s play the “What is it?” game!

2B896D84-2B4A-4B2E-BCFC-4F9251FE6729.jpeg

Ljutic space gun - 12 ga shotgun made just for trap shooting. It's designed to recoil in a straight line and drop the empty hull at the shooter's feet.

Yep. With his father, Al Ljutic ran the Ljutic Gun Company. In 1955, AA Reil, a friend and Remington field rep, invited Al to go trap shooting the day after. Al realized after that he didn't own a trap gun. Instead of buying one Al designed and built one by the end of the day. This became the template for the Ljutic Space Gun.

I would have guessed with that skinny barrel that it shot .22 or 5.7mm bullets.

Maybe this is some kind of crowd control "shotgun" that fires .22WMR shotshells (#12 dust shot)... I'll look into that.

Does it use this cartridge-- a Russian 10 x 28mm that is available with rubber 'less lethal' bullets?
( but so far I have not found any information that it's available with birdshot or buckshot pellets).

(And so far I have not found any information about a long gun chambered to use this cartridge-- just a standard sized semi automatic pistol.)
5B77541F-E2BB-4E7B-A1E4-63CA9CF37D0E.jpeg

Does it use this cartridge-- a Russian 10 x 28mm that is available with rubber 'less lethal' bullets?
( but so far I have not found any information that it's available with birdshot or buckshot pellets).

(And so far I have not found any information about a long gun chambered to use this cartridge-- just a standard sized semi automatic pistol.)View attachment 3895528
I'm not sure of the exact cartridge, but I'll give this one to you. It's the Chinese Hawk XY-10. It uses less lethal 10mm shotshells (10x50R).
1475060019.jpg
You're up.

Back
Top Bottom