• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Let’s play the “What is it?” game!

Ok dad found a vid of this and can’t identify it or tell me where he saw it. Any ideas what it is?

Here's the video with that image as a teaser, but the "gun" above is not one of the five guns featured as the "best survival rimfire rifles."

I think that image is a fake: AI or otherwise CGI created. It was done just as a teaser, clickbait, to get people to click and watch the
stupidass worthless video.

Not a real gun.

Here's a REAL challenge:

47BD1C9A-2666-4005-AECF-44825C39A370.jpeg
3C45D3B2-0861-4057-B56C-0F09EE0E908C.jpeg

IDENTIFY the fat cartridge in the middle.

I took these pics.
The mystery round is the one
in between a .223 and a .308 (handloaded using a 7.62 NATO case.)

Hmmm... that's close.

I'mma say "not close enough" because the cartridge I pictured is not a variation of the .38-55. They do not come from the same parent case. The difference is more than just the .38-55 being considered a "straight walled" case and the one I showed is classified as a "necked" cartridge.

They are ballistically very similar,
are both from the same era in history,
and I believe they were used in the same types of firearms for the same purposes.

No, but the .43 x 52 Beaumont is pretty darn close. Nobody could tell them apart just by looking at a picture of that cartridge alone or even compared to .223 or .308 bullet cartridges.

( perhaps if you had a side-by-side pic with that one and the cartridge I have issued as a challenge, then you might discern a difference)

I'll add that this is not a .43 Egyptian, either.

Back
Top Bottom