Status
Not open for further replies.

Aegis

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
447   0
Reaction score
http://www.legis.ga.gov/legislation/en-US/display/20132014/HB/689

If you want to call the co-sponsors HB 689 (bicycle registration and license plate bill), here are their numbers:

Emory Dunahoo (404) 656-0152;
Lee Hawkins (404) 656-0213;
Carl Rogers (404) 656-7855.

Tell these Clowns if they pass this garbage, you'll vote em out.

Licensing and Taxing Bicycles? are you kidding me?

i would love to be able to snap a picture of the lycra morons who ride 3 or 4 wide down city streets. They want the state to carve out considerations for them on the roads and they don't even follow the laws that were put in place to protect them. What really chaps me is when they run stop signs/lights when it is clear. I asked a douche one time why he did it. "it's hard to get your momentum going again after a stop". Isn't the point of riding to get exercise, dumbass?

Many (many) moons ago as a freshman in college in New Orleans I had to register and get a license for my then new bike. Part of the logic was to deter theft. But it was a CITY requirment, not a state one. I didn't read the bill but did note in the description it's for bikes used on roads in traffic only and it's a one time fee. Depending on the amount and if it actually does setup a data base of legal ownership, I may not be ovelry outraged. I wonder how many man hours are spent by LEO responding to stolen bike calls? I wonder if people would support registration of ATVs considering how often they get stolen?
As a completely unrelated side note, considering that was 30 years ago this month, pretty impressive (I suppose) that I still have that bike, in perfect working order, with the license plate attached.

Current law say's you have to yield to a cyclist. I live on Fort Mountain, and many times it take along time to pass these, groups riding on the road. With all the turns it is challenging to pass due to safety concerns. Seems most riders don't care about holding up traffic. They could just pull over and let vehicles go past, but don't often..I have to tag my harley's and trailers that have no motor. Since they have the right away why not have to pay for a tag? I have to pay for my trailer tags! Just my opinion..DD

Bikes on the road have to follow the same rules as a car, why shouldn't they be taxed for using the road like a car is? Bikes don't require gas to be able to collect taxes on, so why not be able to collect taxes some other way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom