• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Light-bearing OWB holster?

lilred06

Default rank <4000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
116   0
Reaction score
Anyone know who makes the best OWB holster for a pistol with a weapon light attached FOR THE MONEY? Looked at Safariland holsters but can't bring myself to spend $100-150 on a holster. Emailed a couple other makers but haven't heard back. Y'all know anyone else that makes em? Would like to have one for taking the pistol out and actually training with it, right now all I can do is go out and just pick it up and shoot it, can't practice drawing or that sorta thing. Prefer a leather belt holster, but guess a paddle-type holster would be alright.

How close does it stay to the body? One thing I don't like about some of the holsters out there is that it sits way off your body and feels like it's floppin around. Like mine to stay pretty snug up next to me.

I'm running mine on a war belt so its out a little to clear my plate carrier. I also have it on the MLS system so I can swap platforms. I have not found the holster to be loose or prone to wander like some. As far as distance from the body, the MLS system added some width, but I wanted that to clear a plate carrier when it is on my war belt. I would say it is about nominal in what I have used in the past.

I'm running mine on a war belt so its out a little to clear my plate carrier. I also have it on the MLS system so I can swap platforms. I have not found the holster to be loose or prone to wander like some. As far as distance from the body, the MLS system added some width, but I wanted that to clear a plate carrier when it is on my war belt. I would say it is about nominal in what I have used in the past.

very nice..definitely gonna look into it, thanks bud:)

Back
Top Bottom