• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Like the “Turkey shoot” & Coyote shoot, we need a HOG shoot!!!

Should there be an ODT HOG shoot weekend(s)?

• Nope not in, I’m a weenie!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bulletslinger101

Default rank <4000 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
35   0
Reaction score
Who’s in for a Hog Shoot????

Does anyone know any peanut farmers in South GA????

Let’s do this!!!!!!!

UUUUUUPDATE1: 04 March 2022
At 1730, I’m headed to cusseta South of Fort Benning to go do a lil bit of shooting to look at some different ammos and how each zeros and groups for me at 100 yards and to look at weapon ammo and optic performance.

Note: the ammo below is what I currently have.​

.223 (55 GR.), .223 (62 GR.)

5.56 (M855), & (M193).

The outcome is to see what performance I get when grouping 3 rounds on paper with this rifle ammo & optic combination(s).

To All non- Weenies: My other alternative, I’d like to see if the land owner who’s land I’ll be using would allow me to come shoot pigs out there. If they would allow me to do that, there is a massive opportunity for me to possibly talk them into having a few folks come out to do a hog hunt.

I know when they come to church they are always bitching about pigs tearing up their crops (not sure what they plant yet). Let’s hope this pans out!

Update 2: ODT fam, if you know folks or have any leads we can gather to to a pig shoot, please chime in.......

Update 3: Okay. So after discussion with the guy from church out on his family’s property, his grandfather said at some point whoever comes out I’d be absolutely responsible for.

Condition 1: You’ll have to shoot out to 400 yards with him observing (he has piglet, and fully mature Sow targets.

Grandpa wants to ensure the shooter is safe with their firearm. (The family has had bad experiences with folks a few years ago coming onto the property and shooting not knowing what was behind their target or not caring what was Behinf their target.... ) Tractors have had bullet holes in the sides of them.

Condition 2: Grandfather said, “You (shooter) MUST sign a financial, injury and death liability waiver to come into their property.” He will have his lawyer present to notarize liability waivers.. I said “death” they said if someone gets shot or there is a ricochet and someone gets wounded or dies they will not be healed responsible.

Note: I am subject to everything everyone else that would come with me is subjected to as well.

The family did not say when they are willing to open up their property for a few shooters to come and prove their skills and meet the family as of yet.

Note: “Few”- I asked how many a “Few” is and they said they’d have to consult with their lawyer and that they would get back with me.
Respectfully
Chris

It would be awesome and extremely fun if we can help out a ODT land owner first.... just wanted to post e regs about what’s allowed and not when hunting hogs....

Attachments

• 6D775A44-3E60-429B-9F23-E001D1FC4442.jpeg
    6D775A44-3E60-429B-9F23-E001D1FC4442.jpeg
    134.5 KB · Views: 12
  • C09EDD1B-E3C0-4ADB-99B9-DB4DA396E0BF.png
    C09EDD1B-E3C0-4ADB-99B9-DB4DA396E0BF.png
    314.7 KB · Views: 12
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom