• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

List of Georgia Stores for Reloading

Bass Pro's selection is poor, as of last week. A few powders-- occasionally something useful like Varget. Small selection of brass and bullets. And primers by the tray. You know-- of 100. They've at least taken to taping up the trays, since gawkers spill them all the time...

BP used to have a good selection of powder, at somewhat high but not obscene prices. Not since Sandy Hook.

Enjoy the MT show. They are fun.

Thanks man. I may pop in and see what I can find. And this will be our 4th visit.

I have several pounds of ETR& pistol powder and be used for 12ga also. ETR appears to be the Spanish CSB powder RIO uses. I have this powder for $18.00 per pound GA sales tax required. If you purchased 40 or more pounds I'll cover the sales tax!

From the handgun & 12ga cartridges I've reloaded, this is some nice powder!

This individual has posted this note on several forums:
Back in the late 80's, I set up and ammunition manufacturing facility in Belgium and we used powder made in Europe. Since I'm an old guy now, it took a day for the "light bulb to turn on". We used Maxam CSB-1 shotgun powder for our shotshell line and it was made in Spain. It's a fast burning powder and also makes an excellent handgun powder. After a lot of research, I found that Expansion Industries in Virginia sells handgun powder called ETR-7. They are the importers for the powder that comes from Spain. I called the company and got a sample of the powder and it turned out to be MAXAM CSB-1. Could not believe how lucky I got.

The powder is a little larger flake than Winchester 231 and is some of the cleanest burning powder I have ever used in my 40 plus years of reloading. It meters extremely well in Dillon Loaders and can be used in 380, 9MM, 40 S&W, 45 ACP, 38 Special 10MM, 38 Super and 45 Colt with excellent results. It also works very well in some odd ball calibers. I use Hogdon Universal load data to work up my loads. Most of the time the ideal load is about 2 tenths of a grain over the maximum listed for Universal. After pressure testing and chronographing the loads, the Universal load data is a little light, but pretty close.

To make a long story short, I purchased 64 pounds of ETR-7 Powder for $20 a pound. I paid the freight and they paid the hazmat fee. So now I have an excellent handgun powder for the business at a reasonable price and they always have powder in stock.

It's a huge relief to not have to worry about finding pistol powder. Just a phone call and 5 days later my powder is at the shop! ### End Quote

BPB located in Hull north of Ingles on Rt 29

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom