Loading 9mm with Titegroup on a Dillon 650

9mm is more demanding than other pistol cartridges. The brass varies quite a bit from different manufactures. This makes it hard to get the same exact crimp pressure on each case mouth and therefore harder to get the same COL.

The Dillon powder charge should be +(-) a tenth of a grain. The only powder that gives me less accurate throws are big bulky powders like Red Dot, 800X, Trail Boss, ect. I have used a lot of TiteGroup with good results, except in one instance where I loaded over a thousand really small cartridges with 1.8 TiteGroup, or so I thought. Many of them got less powder and would not function. So, I would avoid less than 2.0 TiteGroup an any cartridge with the Dillon.

The dillon is already polished--no need to modify.

Tightening the shell plate will aid the primer system-if it was loose, but it will not change COL.

Last edited:
In terms of using anything to clean ANY part of a press, the only thing that I have ever heard recommended (by a manufacturer) is
Hornady One Shot Gun Cleaner & Dry Lube .... Great for Triggers and also Great for "oily" NIB dies, etc ... Not for plastic parts on Powder measures as they should only get a rub down with powdered graphite and (afterwards) a dryer conditioner sheet ...

Back
Top Bottom