• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Loading and shooting smoke rounds for a 26.5mm flare gun - video linked

acmech

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
0   0
Reaction score
Hey guys, it was suggested to me to post this here. I machined 11 cases for my 26.5mm RV85 flare gun and then came up with smoke cartridges to load it with. I did it primarily so me and the kids can have something fun to play with, and it is kinda cool. The second video is the one where I test the rounds in case you don't want to watch making them. The smoke composition is easy to make in case you guys want to make your own smoke bombs for the 4th. I show you how to do that in the second vid. Hope you like it. I have a lot of other vids you might think was neat like how to build your own AK from a kit.

Second video here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-xDqbU4kEU&feature=relmfu

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not much smoke.
Can they be made to produce more?

Yea, I plan to make the one inch dia. tube 5 inches long as compared to the 3 3/4 which they are now. With a chlorate mixture and dye, (which I have) they will also make more smoke. Keep in mind how simple the potassium nitrate, sugar, and paraffin mix is. I wanted to keep it simple enough for anyone to duplicate.

Also, I'd appreciate any input on this video or any of my others. That'll help future videos be even better.

Back
Top Bottom