• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Loading Blocks

jeffdt

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
25   0
Reaction score
Does anyone here make wood loading blocks? Have a good template for hole placement? I need two fifty round .223 blocks. I can trade some very nice Ipe lumber if someone could make these for me. Ipe is a South American tropical hardwood that looks outstanding with a rosewood nut oil finish. (have this also) Ipe is very heavy and dense, has the fire rating of steel. So dense that it doesn't even float.

Attachments

• images-products-Uf-3inch_Ipe_Clear_Unfinished-Ipe_UC3Sw.jpg
    images-products-Uf-3inch_Ipe_Clear_Unfinished-Ipe_UC3Sw.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 126
I don't use em myself too easy to skip a case and miss a charge, double charge or spill powder everywhere with a loading block. I usually go ahead and set up my seating die and seat a bullet immediately after charging.
Good luck with your project.

I have always used 9mm trays that you get when you buy a box of ammo.

Put them in the tray primer up to start, let's you see that they are all primed. Pick one up and put powder in it and move to a second tray and put it primer down. If a case is primer down that tells me it's got powder in it. My 223 loads are almost a compressed load, they aren't going to get double charged. And if I spill a little I just dump that one round into the hopper and throw it again.

Back
Top Bottom