• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Long Term Food Storage Buckets & Supplies on the cheap for the beginner

Dried peas, beans, rice, salt, sugar, macaroni, powdered cheese etc. Vacuum sealed, moisture & oxygen absorbers. Some things, sugar being one, brown rice is another, should not be packaged with oxygen absorbers. Then if you want to you can slip the vac packed bag into mylar & seal that. Dried vegetables are fairly cheap for 20# or so but shipping is a killer.

on a side note, once you open the package of 02 absorbers, make sure you are using them all as the begin absorbing as soon as the pack is open and it is not likely you can seal the pack well enough to stop them...
I saw on a video that a lady was able to save what she didn’t use by storing them in canning jars. She said it actually sealed the lids on the containers when the 02 absorbers went in there. After opening it up again and I bet the absorbers are toast if did try to reseal a 3rd time.

these may be better sealing as they use a rubber O-ring and a metal ring outside. but they're a bit BIGGER than 5G buckets. these hold 14Gs
1656595174974.png

Did everyone who was looking for storage buckets get what they needed? I have some buckets and lids with the rubber seal that are food grade but, will need to be washed out with warm water. I am near Cartersville and don't get to travel much so send me a text if you're interested.

Back
Top Bottom