• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Long term food storage

Haven't read through all of the pages, but pretty sure one of you fine people can answer- I am looking for a large garbage pail size container, with lid, that is food grade/ safe? I want to store animal food in it, large quantities, like @ 100# worth of dog food.

The containers at HD or Lowes don't specify if food grade or food safe. Rubbermaid never responded to an email sent 3 weeks ago. No one is manning their customer service lines.

Haven't read through all of the pages, but pretty sure one of you fine people can answer- I am looking for a large garbage pail size container, with lid, that is food grade/ safe? I want to store animal food in it, large quantities, like @ 100# worth of dog food.

The containers at HD or Lowes don't specify if food grade or food safe. Rubbermaid never responded to an email sent 3 weeks ago. No one is manning their customer service lines.
Maybe break it up in 5 gal buckets? Easier to stack and food will not go stale, once it is opened.

Attachments

• 81IfhdDWS5L._AC_SX466_.jpg
    81IfhdDWS5L._AC_SX466_.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 7
I
My outlook is to first get yourself all set to live with everything shut off for 10 days straight. Food, water, power, etc.

Imagine everything goes BOOM. Can you continue more or less "normally" for 10 days? If the answer is yes, then work a month at a time outwards from there in terms of planning. What tools do you need for when the stored food and water runs out? What processes do you need to implement?

The goal is to have everything as normal as possible for the first 10 days of any kind of major incident so you can remain calm and begin implementing your longer term plans right off the bat. You can already begin to establish the new routines you'll need after the 10 days. You'll be WAY AHEAD of everyone else, because you won't be panicking and forgetting what to do. You'll be calm. Very important. Fear is dangerous, and panic is a death sentence.
I totally agree with this.

Back
Top Bottom