Looking for a good gunsmith.

What does it typically cost for this type of trigger job?
Varies widely, depending on the smith and the quality of the parts in your gun. Ballpark? Last time I checked (several years ago), you could get a basic polish and tweak (like I described above for DIY) in the $60-75 range. If the the hammer/sear engagement has to be reshaped (to eliminate creep or just to get that perfect break) it could run more, an additional $25-30? If you need (or want) better ignition components(trigger, sear, disconnector, hammer and sear spring) a complete set of best quality parts could add $150-175.
Again, it's been a while since I checked, so you should call any smith you are interested in.

Brian Ott is a very good gunsmith and I would not recommend anyone if I did not believe in their work. He's in Douglasville so it's a considerable drive, but not that far. He does only what is necessary, has very fair pricing, and will have it back to you in a reasonable time. I believe he is a member on here too. Not sure of his username though...Several members here know him and have hired his services and I'm sure they will agree he is very good.

X2 great GS very trustworthy

Thanks for the advice. A weeks turn around would be very fast in my book. I've had smiths keep weapons for over a month just to change sights. I want an outstanding trigger on this weapon. It's not only a SD weapon, but has a 460 conversion for hunting, so precision shooting is the rule. I'm sure I could mess with the trigger myself and make it better, but I'm looking for best and a real professional is needed.

The thing about Brian is he will tell you a week, just to be sure, and then call in 3 days...At least that's been my experience.

Back
Top Bottom